Add your voice. Zepatier will soon be considered for BC PharmaCare coverage. Therefore, your input may soon be sought.
Tentatively, patient and caregiver input into Zepatier’s approval process will be requested from Wednesday March 23, 2016 to MIDNIGHT ON Wednesday April 20, 2016.
How to Add Your Voice to the BC PharmaCare Coverage Review for Zepatier
If you are a BC resident and answer yes to any of the following questions, you can give your input into whether or not the treatment should be covered by BC PharmaCare:
- Do you have hep C?
- Are you a caregiver/loved one to someone who has hep C?
- Does your patient group represent patients who have hep C AND have you registered with PharmaCare to give input? (Learn more about registering your organization).
Please note that PharmaCare’s questionnaire for Zepatier input tentatively wont be available for another week. The Hepatitis C Treatment Information Project will follow this development and keep you updated.
Zepatier in Canada
Zepatier is an approved all-oral, short-course (8, 12, or 16 weeks), interferon-free treatment for genotypes 1, 3, or 4 hep C. It can be taken with or without ribavirin and with or without Sovaldi.
Links to Additional Zepatier Information
- Hepatitis C Treatment Information Project’s Zepatier (elbasvir / grazoprevir) Facts Sheet
- Hepatitis C Treatment Information Project’s Zepatier (elbasvir / grazoprevir) Quick Drug Pipeline Summary
- Merck Canada’s Zepatier YouTube Video
- CATIE’s Zepatier in HCV and HIV co-infection
- Zepatier’s Product Monograph
- FDA Zepatier Press Announcement (American)