Targeted Genotypes: 1 – 6 or mixed genotype infections
Treatment Description: Epclusa (sofosbuvir/velpatasvir) is a nucleotide NS5B polymerase inhibitor. Nucleotide NS5B polymerase inhibitors directly target the hep C virus to stop it from making copies of itself in the liver.
Daily Dose: 1 pill
Length of Treatment:
|For the treatment of chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 – 6 in patients:||# of Weeks|
|Treatment-naïve and treatment-experienced with no cirrhosis or with cirrhosis.||12|
|Treatment-naïve and treatment-experienced with decompensated cirrhosis.||12 with RBV|
Common Side Effects:
- Difficulty sleeping
BC’s PharmaCare Eligibility for Epclusa
Epclusa is a limited coverage drug. To qualify for treatment coverage a patients must have hep C genotype 1-6 or mixed genotype and all of the following :
- Treatment prescribed by a hepatologist, a gastroenterologist, an infectious disease specialist or other physicians experienced with treating hepatitis C
- Lab-confirmed hepatitis C
- Not currently taking another hep C treatment
- Detectable levels of hep C in the last 12 months
- A liver fibrosis stage F0 or greater
Talk to your healthcare provider for more information or to start the treatment process.
Gilead’s Momentum Patient Assistance Program
Canadians prescribed Epclusa (sofosbuvir/velpatasvir) can request to be enrolled in the Gilead Momentum Program. For more information, contact your doctor, nurse, or call the Gilead Momentum Program at: 1-866-207-4267.