You didn’t choose this journey, but you can make it your own. A new hep C app is now being offered by Help-4-Hep and Self Care Catalysts to help you do just that. It was designed to help you keep track of how you are doing and surround yourself with people who care. It was designed to help you remain in control.
The hep C app can be personalized. By letting you create your own profile and add in your own health conditions and goals, it personalizes your Health Tools.
Its Circle of Support option allows you to add the email addresses of loved ones who can then also access any information that you want them to see via the hep C app’s Health Tools.
The hep C app’s Health Tools are:
- Daily Mood – Recording your mood is a proven way to keep track of how emotions relate to overall health.
- Medication Tracker – Set up medication reminders so that you don’t forget to take them.
- Symptom Tracker – Keep track of your symptoms to have an accurate history to share with your doctor at your next appointment.
- Daily Vitals – Track your health vitals and see them all in one place.
- Appointment Calendar – Remember important dates and events related to your well-being. Every entry includes space for notes and can be linked to other app users, your support team, so that they can view it.
- My Journal – Document your thoughts around your health and daily living. Entries can be organized under: ‘Reflection on my condition today’, ‘People I am thankful for today’, ‘Accomplishments that made me feel good today’, ‘Insights that I have gained about myself today’, ‘Write anything!’
- Healthy Doses – A collection of quotes/healthy wisdom for your mind and spirit about gratitude, optimism, and mindfulness.
- HCV Lab Tests – All of the other health tools can be used for other conditions as well. This tool was specifically created for keeping a record of hep C lab results. It has areas to record information such as HCV genotype, bilirubin, HCV viral load / RNA, etc.
- Questions to Ask – Make the most out of your visits with your healthcare provider by being prepared with questions to ask, and by taking notes during your appointment.
- Meal Tracker – Document your meal patterns to make sure that you are eating regularly, every 3 to 4 hours, during the day.
Help‑4‑Hep is a non-profit toll-free helpline for those with concerns about hepatitis C. Toll-Free. Completely confidential. Completely free of charge. Available 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (closed US legal holidays).
CALL 877‑HELP‑4‑HEP (877‑435‑7443) for more information.